Hall effect technology is capable of measuring multi-turn angles, utilizing a secondary gear mechanism that acts as a revolution counter, as well as an absolute, low-resolution angle sensor. Adaptable to most position sensor applications, the technology is designed and validated to perform in harsh automotive environments.
- Maintenance-free performance
- Applicable to most position sensor applications
- Performs in harsh automotive environments
- Capable of angular error detection
- Adaptable to any absolute position sensor to support multi-turn angular measurements
- Simplified way of measuring position and angle
Utilizing hall technology, a multi-turn angle sensor can be implemented using a gear that rotates at a different ratio to the main shaft, providing a different position for each full revolution. A magnet is fixed to the gear, allowing the detection of gear position with hall sensors. Each gear position, and therefore sense revolution, has a different hall sensor signal detected by the micro controller. Software determines either the number of revolutions from the zero position or the absolute angle depending on the application.
Products & Capabilities
Hall Effect Position Sensor
- Economical solution
- Broad supply base for the core technology
- Mature technology adaptable to new customer applications
- Mature proven technology
- Linear and discrete application possible
- No need for highly calibrated magnet